Monday, September 17, 2012
Refurbishing a Very Small Library, Part 3
In the meantime, I finished processing the books to make a reference section. They all have new spine labels and corrected catalog records. The library was set up with lots of chairs for new student orientation when I was there last week, so I've postponed moving all the books around and still have the "reference section" on the book cart. Once classes start and things settle down, we'll move the books around on the shelves.
I bought some nails at Walmart and fixed the back of the small bookcase that houses the fiction collection. When I did that, I saw why the back is coming off: apparently it got wet at some point and now has mold creeping up the outside. That has to be thrown out soon, before mold gets onto the books. So I'm looking into the possibility of a low bookcase for the lounge area, so that we can keep the fiction there, and maybe some informal storage for the "fun" magazines I bring from home.
All in all, things are looking up, and I'm working on a purchase requisition for new books!
Posted by Michelene Orteza at 5:54 PM